Search This Blog

Monday, April 20, 2015

Child Brain Development: A guide for the Homeschooling Parent

There are three essentials that every brain needs to develop optimally as a child, and continue to perform optimally as an adult.

What are those things?


1) Nourishment
2) Stimulation
3) Recovery

When I  say "essential" I mean that precisely.  As in, if you lack them a little, or have them in poorly balanced proportions there's no way you or your child can be at your best.  And if you lack them a whole lot, it will make you sick, shorten your lifespan or even end your life.

There's a lot at stake here and getting educated can make big difference.  Knowledge (applied) is Power.

I give lectures on this subject matter at my local library;

Child Brain Development
A Guide for the Homeschooling Parent

Check with the library to see the next available talk.

It will be held at the Dekalb County Public Library, the Tucker - Reid Cofer Branch in Tucker, Georgia (click for a map).  This is a free lecture and open to the public.  No RSVP is required.

I hope to see you there.
Dr. Aaron Rossi
_______________

Why child brain development?  
  Because the mission of raising a healthy well developed child today is vastly more complex than ever before and parents need more support.  And a child is far more vulnerable when you get these essentials wrong.
  Also, we have 4 children, ages 11 to 2, and my wife and I are trying hard to raise them well.  It's our current focus, so I thought I could help other parents do better for their kids too.

Why a guide to the homeschooling parent?
  We home school our kids (when I say "we" I actually mean "my heroic wife") and the things that she and I have both learned can be put into a strategy that is a little easier to use as a homeschooling parent.  Home schooling is hard.  A parent willing to take that on needs all the support they can get.

Will there be any use to attending if I'm not a homeschooling parent or don't have kids?
Of course.  If you are interested in learning how to support brain health and performance you will gain a lot from this class.


Dr. Rossi working on a precious little chiropractic patient.

1 comment:

uzi said...

This sort of appears completely greatest. Each one of these small info tend to be produced as well as plenty of background info. I favor which a great deal. Love Letters